Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Penny

Default Entering a range of numbers and searching same

NEVER too much caffeine. Grabbed some while I was eagerly awaiting another
response. :-)

Since my post yesterday, I've made things even more complicated (not by
choice!) I'm going to have two distinct bates stamps for each document. And
they do have alphas in them. (One set from Respondent and one from Claimant
- some overlap between docs.) For now, I have the alpha characters in a sep
field. And I did correct the range within one field, made it two sep fields.
I do have account numbers that are alpha and numeric. The account numbers
all start with a number.

You are correct on the client example. If it matters, there are single docs
in the range as well. Example: Brewer has docs labeled 5319, 5325-5898,
6315-6594, etc.

Can't thank you enough. I battled it for too long before turning to you
guys for help.

"Dave O" wrote:

No such thing as too much caffeine. I forgot to ask: are your Bates
numbers *always* numeric, or might they have alpha characters?