Don Guillett

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"KG" wrote in message
Thank you (and thanks to Don Guillett, who had the same suggestion). Using
Column(b1) instead of ,2 does the trick

"Alan Beban" wrote:

KG wrote:
I have a 10 year discounted cash flow schedule where the discount

factor is a
variable chosen by the workbook user. I have also set up a discount

factor
table so that the appropriate discounting factors can be inserted

under each
column.

The formula for year 1 (=Column 1) of the cash flow schedule is:
=VLOOKUP($C$27,$C$63:$N$82,2)
I copied the formula across the row and then manually changed the 3rd
argument of the formula to 3, 4, 5 and so on. This was not a huge

editing job
but, in anticipation of future schedules with 20 columns, I'm

wondering if
there is a better way to write this formula, eliminating the need for

manual
edits.

Change the ,2 to ,COLUMN(B1)

Alan Beban