Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ali

Default Excel Pivot chart - Scales of multiple field buttons

Hi

I hope someone can suggest a solution or workaround to the following...

I have created a pivot chart with dates along the x-axis. As I have a
wide time period I have changed the scale to show every 10 dates only.
To help make it clearer we would also like to show the month on the
x-axis below the date. I have added this to the data source and when I
drag this down to the x-axis as well it reformats the spacing between
the dates so that it turns into a big black mess of dates again. Is
there a way to respecify the scale of the date field as when I click on
the format axis/scale menues the category boxes are greyed out?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.