Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

Default function help

There is, and it is (ironically) called SUM. Check Excels help for details
on how to use.

"angela" wrote:

Hi Community~

I need to create a spreadsheet to help non-technical users to reconcile
expenses (checks) and revenue to a general ledger account. Simple for me as
an accountant but I'm struggling on how to make it EASY for users who aren't
accountants and don't know Excel. Is there a SUM function or anything else I
could build in the sheet?

Simple spreadsheet is:
Date Description (ck# perhaps) Expense$ (Debit) Income$(Credit)

Users need to reconcile this spreadsheet to a specific general ledger
account and they should be identical. If not, they research discrepancies.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
--
angela