Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.dotnet.general
rob

Default Parse csv files

I did try the CsvReader and it fails with the exact same item as in the
odbc approach. One additional thing I realized is that many items/cells
do have words in double quotes. As far as I know double quotes should
be put in double double quotes. The data I have sometimes does that but
often it does not. Both approaches (odbc, cvsReader) work fine (can
read though don't render correctly) if the cell in question is the last
one. If it is not the last one both odbc and cvsReader get thrown off,
though.

So the conclusion here is that from all I know only Excel can handle
things in a way that works out but that parser is not directly
accessible in the .NET framework. Therefore, I will have to write my
own parser or maybe modify cvsReader.