Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Sum 3 highest numbers

Also how do you replicate down a column, a cell with
an array formula in it?

Not sure I understand. Do you mean copy a formula to other cells in a
column? If so, select the cell with the formula. Hover your mouse over the
bottom right corner of the cell where there appears to be a little black
square. Your cursor will change from a fat + sign to a skinny + sign. When
the cursor is a skinny + sign, left click and hold down the left mouse
button and then just drag down the column.

Biff

"Molly" wrote in message
Thanks so much Biff. Also how do you replicate down a column, a cell with
an array formula in it? Sorry terrible English!!!
regards
Molly

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Your subject line was Sum 3 highest numbers but your question was to
average
only the 3 highest. So, here's both:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A4,{1,2,3}))

=SUM(LARGE(A1:A4,{1,2,3}))

Biff

"Molly" wrote in message
Dear experts,
If I have a selection of four numbers and want to average only the 3
highest
what would be the best way to do this?
Molly