Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joyce

Default spread sheets vlookup

I am doing an invoice but put it this way,

cell A6 is validated with only certain #'s
cell b6 is description
cell c6 is quantity
cell d6 isunit price
cell e6 is extended price

now using vlookup for b6 and d6. okay now it returns a #N/A, but we are
suppose to have it a blank cell so i used
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A14,products,2)),"",VLOOKUP(A14,p roducts,2)), okay this made
the #n/a go blank in the cell perfect... but in cell e6 now it says
#value...I think it is suppose to be blank as well. how can i make it blank
it also has a formula in it which is =c6*d6, but when i chose cell a6 and put
in the number i am suppose to everything is correct there. what do i do about
the #value or is it suppose to be there until the info is put into cell
a6???????????????????
Please help me as soon as possible...

thanks
joyce oh i am using excel 2003
"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Show us your VLOOKUP formulas and the layout of your lookup table.

To get price and description you need two VLOOKUP formulas.

The table should be at least 3 columns.........number, price, description.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:45:02 -0700, joyce
wrote:

I am actualy on that sitte now.. and i still dont see what i am doing wrong.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Check out this web page of Debra Dalgleish that should help you:

HTH,

RD

"joyce" wrote in message
I need some help with vlook up.. I cannot seem to get it right. i have to
make it to where when i put a number in it also puts in the description
and
unit price just by the number i put in to a cell.. can anyone please help
me.. I am making an invoice... and using a look up table to do the vlookup
function but dont know what i am doing wrong someone please help me
asap...

thanks