Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Default Writing Fast VBA UDFs - London july19/20

Hi Charles

Hope to see many of you there.

Why is the conference in the holiday season, I am on vacation that week.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Charles Williams" wrote in message ...
I am looking forward to finally meeting many email names in person at the 2006 UK Excel User Conference.

http://www.exceluserconference.com/2006UKEUC.html

For my session on writing fast VBA UDFs I am currently having fun preparing the examples :

- AVERAGETOL - the slowest version uses Excel/VBA defaults, the fastest is 48 times faster and twice as fast as the equivalent
SUMPRODUCT formula.

- FLOOKUP - runs faster than VLOOKUP for everything except approximate sorted match, for which both FLOOKUP and VLOOKUP are so
fast its hard to tell the difference anyway <g.

Hope to see many of you there.

Charles Williams
Decision Models
www.DecisionModels.com