Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LCB

Default average of highest 48 of 52 radom numbers with duplicate low #

I believe you have solved my delima. I do not need to use the 4 that are not
computed at all. I do know the range ahead of time..
This is to help me determine the anser to my annual report to the church I
pastor. I must give the average of the highest of 48 Sunday attendences out
of 52 Sundays. THANKS FOR YOUR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH ME. GOD BLESS

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

This will find the average with the four smallest excluded
=(SUM(A1:A52)-SMALL(A1:A52,1)-SMALL(A1:A52,2)-SMALL(A1:A52,3)-SMALL(A1:A52,4))/48
If there are, for example, 7 ones then the average is computed without 4 of
them.
Not sure what you want to do with duplicates.
Are the numbers integer (whole numbers); do you know the range before hand?
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"LCB" wrote in message
I must determine out of 52 radom numbers the average of the 48 highest even
if one or more of the lowest numbers is repeated 7 times without exempting
the 3 out of the 7 that must be included in the 48 to extract the average.