Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

Default average of highest 48 of 52 radom numbers with duplicate low #

Maybe it is because of the row formula. You may try this modification:
=AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A52,ROW(INDIRECT("1:48"))))
Also, check that the formula is entered as an array formula (curly brackets
should appear on the formula bar)

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"LCB" wrote:

I tried this array: it geave me the highest listed # and not the average...
thanks for trying

"Miguel Zapico" wrote:

You may use this array formula:
=AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A52,ROW(1:48)))
Enter it with Crt+Shift+Enter

"LCB" wrote:

I must determine out of 52 radom numbers the average of the 48 highest even
if one or more of the lowest numbers is repeated 7 times without exempting
the 3 out of the 7 that must be included in the 48 to extract the average.