Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default Fill the column with the last number

Manually...............

Select the two columns.

F5SpecialBlanksOK

Enter an = sign in active cell.

Point to cell above and hit CTRL + ENTER.

You can leave the formulas as is or paste specialvalues.

Record a macro while doing the steps.

Columns("A:B").Select
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Select
Selection.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 May 2006 05:28:01 -0700, sensor
wrote:

Thanks for the reply Richard,

Actually I am trying to write a macro . and since I do not know everytime
where does the row ends. so I want to fill the empty rows in column B with
the last number appeared on that column
Thanks

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Mon, 1 May 2006 13:03:02 -0700, sensor
wrote:

I have 2 columns. Cloumn A has 1 to 100 column B some times has upto 50 rows
filled or sometimes upto 80 ans ometimes upto 100 rows filled.

When Column B is not completley filled how to fill the empty column with the
last entry in that column

for example 1.
cloumn B ends in row # 80 with a number 657 I want to fill the rest of the
rows in column B with 657 up to row #100.

How about B81, =B80 and copied down to B100

for example 2.
cloumn B ends in row # 60 with a number 6257 I want to fill the rest of the
rows in column B with 6257 up to row #100.

ditto B61, =B60 and copied down.

Or am I missing something????

Rgds

__