Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default i know this is simple, but driving me nuts - formula

B3 must be formatted as text. Change it to Comma or general, then past the
formula

Also, it may be that A3 is formatted as text and when you copy/paste you are
bringing the Text formatting along, so make sure A3 is something other than
text

" wrote:

I have 2 cells A1 and A2 with number 2 in each, in A3 i sum (a1*A2),
works great

i want to copy the formula to B3, and want excel to use B1 and B2...

when i paste it puts in the formula from A3 with the value of (A1*A2),
if I db click on the pasted formula, it fixes itself...

how do i get this to do this automatically..

(it works fine on a blank worksheet), but not on this existing
worksheet

thanks