Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default Summing non hidden values in a range

I am not sure what I was thinking now, as it couldn't have worked. You can't
filter a row, so if anything in A1:E1 is filtered, it all is. Oh well. Poor
implementation though, they obviously just carried the existing
functionality, without considering that whilst columns may not get hidden by
filter, they can by manually hiding.

Bob

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
=subtotal(9,a1:e1)
didn't exclude cells in hidden columns for me in xl2003.

(Did you really mean to type columns in your question?)

Bob Phillips wrote:

Thanks Dave, that explains it. Do you know why as SUBTOTAL(9 works fine

with
columns?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
=subtotal(109,....) works nicely with hidden rows--not so nicely with

hidden
columns in xl2003.

Bob Phillips wrote:

Something like =SUBTOTAL(109,A1:E1) should work in those

circumstances.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"starguy"

wrote
in
message ...

I have hidden columns not rows. I hide them by both ways using

Ctrl+9
and by menu Format Column Hide but nothing happened after

hiding.
also pressed F9 to recalculate after hiding columns.

Bob Phillips Wrote:
How have you hidden the rows?

--
HTH