Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
macropod

Default Delete rows with duplicate values

Hi Smohrman,

Here's a macro solution:

Sub DeleteDuplicateRows()
Dim lLastRow As Long
Dim lLastCol As Long
Dim I As Long
Dim J As Long
Dim K As Long
lLastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count - 1
lLastCol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count - 1
For I = 0 To lLastRow - 1
For J = lLastRow To I + 1 Step -1
For K = 0 To lLastCol
If ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Offset(I, K).Value <
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Offset(J, K).Value Then
Exit For
End If
Next K
If K lLastCol Then
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Offset(J, 0).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next J
Next I
End Sub

Cheers

"Smohrman" wrote in message
Hi Team!

I have a spreadsheet with three colums of data. The first column contains
records which have occasional phone number duplication- see blelow:

(555) 000-0000 DataA1 ValueA1
(555) 000-0000 DataA2 ValueA2
(555) 555-9770 DataA3 ValueA3
(555) 555-4464 DataA4 ValueA4
(555) 555-4464 DataA5 ValueA5
(555) 555-4720 DataA6 ValueA6
(555) 555-8823 DataA7 ValueA7
(555) 555-3834 DataA8 ValueA8
(555) 555-4125 DataA9 ValueA9

What I need to do is (somehwhat) automate the process of filtering or
deleting out all rows which have duplicate data in the first column, but

not
second or third columns. I'm sure it's been done...I tried the Excel
out-of-the-box help suggestions and I've had no real luck. Any ideas?