Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
santaviga

Default HELP!!!! on formula PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Pete,

Still having problems, just noticed it when I need to input more data into
cells above and below e.g 74M. the way the cells are set out is as follows:
Cell Heading - Epi

PRF No: 1234567
Date: 01/05/2006
Age/gender: 74M
Case Type: Collapse
Outcome: POS
Dose 1mg

This is how the layout is in the cells on interventions, so when I input
this data I get an error ?value as the cells contain other than 74M or 56F,
is there a way I can edit the formula so that it counts only the cells that
contain 56M and not come up with an error for inputting the other data, there
are approx 50 cells that will contain e.g. 74M.

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks again for the help. much appreciated.

Mark

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Mark,

Thanks for feeding back.

COUNTIF only works on a single condition and you have 3 - Male/Female,
lower age and upper age. You could probably have used SUMPRODUCT, but
I'm more familiar with array formulae.

Glad to be of help.

Pete