Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc?

Bob

I would also suggest you have a look at a few on-line tutorials.

Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...831141033.aspx

Gord

On Mon, 01 May 2006 11:41:08 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

You cannot format cells to do math calculations.

You must enter formulas which reference other cells.

A1 contains 123
A2 contains 456

In A3 enter =A1+A2 to get the sum of A1 and A2.

There are many good Accounting Templates available at the MS Template Gallery.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...377141033.aspx

Browse through the Business and Personal sites.

You will get a good idea of layout.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 May 2006 11:25:01 -0700, Bob Mulligan <Bob
wrote:

I don't know much about Excel, but I'd like to program the cells for
accounting. How do I do this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP