Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default How do I program the cells in Excel to add, subtract, etc?

You cannot format cells to do math calculations.

You must enter formulas which reference other cells.

A1 contains 123
A2 contains 456

In A3 enter =A1+A2 to get the sum of A1 and A2.

There are many good Accounting Templates available at the MS Template Gallery.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...377141033.aspx

Browse through the Business and Personal sites.

You will get a good idea of layout.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 May 2006 11:25:01 -0700, Bob Mulligan <Bob
wrote:

I don't know much about Excel, but I'd like to program the cells for
accounting. How do I do this?