Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default problem not solved... CONT.IF depending on the text color

Could it be that your red didn't have a colorindex of 3?

I copied all 4 functions from Bob's site and both your formulas worked ok for
me.

Fecozisk wrote:

I was sucessfull copying the codes to a general module with no problem.

ater copying and paste the codes I iserted in a cell:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=3))
and this worked fine.

but when I inserted:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100,TRUE)=3))
that should counts all cells with red text within the range A1:A100 ir didnt
work... It focused a problem on A100,TRUE
So i had problems when using TEXT colors, and no BACKGROUND colors
Nothing is working when using TRUE!

I also wasnt able to use CONTIF (is it necessary? can I substitute countif
by sumproduct in my situation??). Finally, i also wasnt sucessful Using the
formulas found on Bob's site in my worksheet...

ps: My excel is in PORTUGUESE, so i changed SUMPRODUCT to SOMARPRODUTO,
which is the relative... Ive tried changing TRUE to its relative in
portuguese but it didnt work...

thank you

--

Dave Peterson