Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

Default Restrictions On Merged Cells?

Per Help/Specifications, each cell will display only the first 1024
characters (even if merged). You can get around this by manually
entering a line feed character (Option-Enter) at least every 1024 chars.

In article ,
RERICE wrote:

I have created a form and it appears that there is a restirction on the
number of lines/characters that can go in this merged area. I am set up
as merged/wrap text/shrink to fit but after 8 lines, any following data
entered goes off the form as if "wrap text" is not there. Also, it
doesn't show up on print preview. How can I get around this, as the
requirement for this form may be much more than 8 lines?

Bob