Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Pasting Formulas

Either Dave misunderstood or you did it incorrectly, if you are trying to
copy formulas from workbook to another without carrying over the link Dave's
method does work

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"jacob" wrote in message
This did not work for copying and replacing a whole page.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Select the range to copy
Edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: $$$$$
replace all

copy and paste these text strings to where you want them.

Then select that pasted range
edit|replace
what: $$$$$
with: =
replace all

Now the text strings are converted back to formulas.

Don't forget to fix the original range, too.

jacob wrote:

What if the whole page is full of formulas? Like 100 of them?

Thanks!

"Kevin B" wrote:

You can copy the formula out of the formula bar, or you can press F2
and copy
the formula from inside the cell, but in either case, select
everything in
the formula excluding the "=". You can then paste the formula into
your
target workbook by moving to the target cell, typing an equal sign
and
pressing Ctrl+V to paste the text of the formula into the cell.
--
Kevin Backmann

"jacob" wrote:

Is there a way to copy and page formulas from one workbook to
another without
it trying to link the pages to the original workbook? I pasted
pages and
some of the formulas without my knowledge were linked.

--

Dave Peterson