Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.dotnet.general
rob

Default Parse csv files

This will be an ongoing thing. I was thinking about opening it in Excel
(programatically) and store it with tabs but there is a chance some of
the cell content contains tabs as well. Another option would be to open
the file in Excel (programatically) and then read out the cells. This
is a huge overkill, though. Worse it's something that will run on a
server. Although it usually runs during off-peak times I still don't
like the idea doing it this way. Therefore, I might really end up
writing my own parser. Thanks for the input, though. It's definitely
appreciated.