Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sparx

Default Save As

Thanks for your help - I have tried and its 99% there - when it saves -
its saving correctly - but the version ending in "old" with the time in
brackets is not being recognised by my computer - for some reason its
losing the .xls making the file a non excel file - also is there a way
when it saves using either the save or save-as option - you always
remain in the original "Materials Manager.xls" file - and when the new
file is created using the "Save-As" option, it makes the output
"Materials Manager - Old.xls" as I have written loads of copy and paste
vba that writes from the "Materials Manager - Old.xls" file to a new
version of the "Materials Manager.xls" file - sorry to take up your
time - if I understood VBA in about 12 years time I would do it
myself!!

--
sparx
sparx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16787