Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default Loosing value of large number when saving file to CSV format

Hi,

The display format for the cell is probably set to General, rightmouse
and Format the cell, set it's format to Number.

--

Kim Luu Wrote:
Currently I tried to save a workbook with field which has value say
376123456789012 into CSV format. Later on when I tried to load the CSV
file
into Excel, the field is now displayed as 3.76E+14. The content of
this
field is still correct i.e. 376123456789012. Without any modification
to this
file I save it again into CSV format. Once file is saved, I loaded
again into
Excel. This time the field value becomes 376123000000000.

Can you suggest a way to fix this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537690