Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vandenberg p

Default I've never seen this symbol before

Hello:

There are lots of these kinds of symbols floating around. What they
kinds depends on the fonts you have installed. As an example I have
WP IconicSymbolsA installed. If I choose that as the font
and type ALt-0205 (on the keypad, not keyboard) the spade will appear.

To see what you have installed use the windows utility: charmap.exe

It should be in windows/system32 directory. Here is a link describing
it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q195041/

(look towards the bottom of the page)

Pieter Vandenberg

etpconscious wrote:
: i was working a formula in excel and i mistakenly hit a key which caused a
: spade ( a la diamonds, hearts, clubs, spades) to appear. Can someone tell me
: what this represents and how i managed to makee this sign appear.