Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
macropod

Default Macros in a cell function

Hi Redragon,

If you had a myriad of these in a worksheet, I think you'd find also that
Excel would recalculate much faster with the COUNTIF version.

Cheers

"Redragon" wrote in message
Oh right I see, so basically it's just using the one function instead of

the
2. Simple enough. :-) Thanks again to all of you!! :D

"broro183" wrote:

Hi Redragon,

no problem, thanks for the feedback :-)

We have said that the countif function is simpler because it just
involves the use of a single function (ie "countif") rather than using
two different functions together as my solution did (ie "isnumber" &
"match").

Also, it looks neater/shorter, ie consider
=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$7,B2)0
compared to,
=ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$7,0))

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile:

View this thread: