Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Thomas O

Default Duplicate Data Search

Bryan - thanks. Its gonna take me a while to filter the info you provided
thru my brain (that was English you used, wasn't it?)
--
Thomas

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

Assuming this is the only column on the worksheet (12 helper columns
used for the data shown)

in column B put =Left(A1,Len(A1)-1)
to drop the trailing dot (full stop)

Select column B and Copy, Paste Special = Values back over itsself
Delete column A

Select Data Text to Columns and use Delimited with comma and space and
treat consecutive separators as one.

This should give data in columns B to F that can be tested.

In H1 put
=COUNTIF(B2:F$9999,B1)

and formula drag this to column L, then, whilst still selected
bulk-formula drag down to cover all of your data. (F$9999 being the end
of your data)
This counts the duplicates from this point onwards.

Count non-zero cells in H to L as required.

Hope this heps

--

Thomas O Wrote:
Cell A1 is the following text data "SCR: 27001.01, 27002.01,
27003.01,
27004.01, 27005.01."

Cell a2 is the following text data "SCR: 29001.01, 29002.01, 29003.01,
27004.01, 29005.01."

27004.01 is duplicated text in both cells.

Is there a formula or a macro to check for duplicated data (that has
been
entered as text)?

--
Thomas