Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Is there a way to 'copy' my XL settings to another PC?

If you are going to establish the setting manually once, consider turning on
the macro recorder when you do it:

Sub Macro1()
With Application
.ReferenceStyle = xlR1C1
.UserName = "Garys Student"
.StandardFont = "Arial"
.StandardFontSize = "10"
.DefaultFilePath = "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents"
.EnableSound = False
.RollZoom = False
End With
End Sub

is just a small sample of what you can record.

Once you have the macro defined to your satisfaction, you can run it on any
new machine you are given.
--
Gary's Student

"Ingeniero1" wrote:

Just bought a new PC; this one with Win XP and XL 2003. The old one had
Win ME and XL 2002.

Each time, whether for a new PC, or a new installation on an existing
PC, or whatever, I have had to set my customized tools bars, options,
etc., - from scratch.

Is there a way, such as files where my preferences and customized
options reside and that can be copied from one PC and pasted to
another, so that when I start XL the menus, tool bars, options, etc.
look as my older XL?

Thanks

Alex

--