Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
edellav

Default How do I enter a blank, not "", into a cell with a conditional for

Sort sequence rules place blank cells at the end of both ascending and
descending sorts which is what I want. However, cells that contain "" are
sorted before numbers in descending sorts, which I don't want. I create a
conditional formula to test for division by a cell that is blank, if true, I
want the result to be a true blank cell, not a cell with "". Is there a
special character code or function that I can use to accomplish this? I'm
using Excel 2002.