Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zug

Default Using rounded time with vlookup

I'm trying to use the =now() function to provide the current time, and use it
to reference another sheet containing a schedule so it will auto-populate
with the information depending on the time of day, and the day of the week.
I have the day of the week figured out, but getting time to round to the
nearest hour (and exclude the date) is pretty rough. I have been successful
at rounding to the nearest hour, but no matter what I do, it includes the
date and as such will not refer to a schedule containing times like 1:00 pm
as the cells that I am using contain (4-29-06) 1:00pm... The date is hidden
due to the format of the cell, yet the number is still a part of the
information there. Here is the series I have so far.

=now()
=FLOOR(G1,"01:00")

Is there any way for me to get rid of the date, or should I scrap the whole
thing :)

Sorry if that was unclear, this has given me a headache ;)