Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default charting how many widgets over time

Hi all!

I'm trying to build a chart that I would have thought should have been
simple, but for some reason I am having nothing but trouble getting it
to work. Basically, I have three worksheets that have several thousand
log entries. Each log entry is assigned a type code -- let's say for
the sake of argument each log entry is either an Apple an Orange or a
Banana. The log entry also contains a field with the timestamp of when
it was logged in. Simply, I just want to graph how many total Apples,
or Oranges, or Bananas I have over time -- dates on the x-axis, and a
running count of the type on the y-axis. Ultimately, I would like to
compare how fast Apples, Oranges and Bananas accumulate on the three
different worksheets (each is a different project).

Should be easy, right? Please help! I just can't seem to figure it
out!