Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default labels closer to axis

Hi,

If the offset of 0 does not get your labels close enough then you may
need to create your own axis labels.
See Jon Peltier's collection of articles on creating your own axes.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis

If you want to create leader lines you will have to move the axis within
the plot area. As lines created using either extra data series or error
bars will be restricted to the plotarea.

Cheers
Andy

Meaghan wrote:
How do I get the x-axis labels closer to the axis? When I format the labels
I can modify how much they're offset, but even setting it to 0 doesn't really
improve it much. Failing that, is there a way to create a "leader line"
from the label to the spot on the axis to which it pertains?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info