Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Default Help with AVERAGE function

If you copied the formula from the news groups, then you probably have
the character 10 (line feed) - in the formula just edit this and
replace it with a space (or leave it as "<"). This relates to the
symbol immediately after the OR( ... ) function,

I have Xl2000 and just tried your numbers - I get 3 decimal places. If
you want to restrict these to 2, you would have to use TEXT( xyz
,"0.00") after the & symbol, where xyz is the part of the formula from
AVERAGE to the end.

Don't forget CSE after you edit the formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete