Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Default Format for degrees

Well, it appears that you want to display a number with one decimal place, so
your Custom Format should look like this:

0.0°

Or is there something I'm missing?

HTH,
Elkar

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

You can just add the ° symbol to your Custom Number format.

Well, that's the problem! I don't know what that custom number format would
be!

Thanks!

Biff

"Elkar" wrote in message
You can just add the ° symbol to your Custom Number format. Hold down the
Alt key and type 0176.

HTH,
Elkar

"Biff" wrote:

Hi folks!

Working on a project and using a formula like this just so we can get the
degree sign:

=TEXT(ROUND(DEGREES(ATAN2((C6-C30)/2,A25)),1),"0.0")&CHAR(176)

This obviously results in a text value.

How can I dump the TEXT function and the CHAR function and format the
cell
to display the degree sign and still be a numeric data type?

Thanks!

Biff