Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

Default Formula Question - HELP

I would suggest creating a table on a seperate sheet, then using the VLOOKUP
function to retrieve your values.

So, on Sheet2, you'd have a table like this:

ColA ColB
1 Blue
2 Red
3 Purple
4 Yellow
etc...

Back on Sheet1, use this formula in D2:

=VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$100,2,FALSE)

Copy the formula down column D as needed.

HTH,
Elkar

"LilJazzyLady" wrote:

I posted a similiar question before, but I don't think I was clear. Here's
what I'm trying to do:

In colum B, each corresponding cell has a number (ex: B2 has a 1, B3 has a
4, etc). In Column D is where I want to return the text value. I need the
formula to search the cell in Column B and if it finds a 1, to return the
value "Blue," a 2 to return "Red," a 4 to return "Yellow" and so forth. An
If statement doesn't work because I have more than 7 conditions. What else
can I do here?

Hope that's clear.

Thanks!!