Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel roberts

Default In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click

thanks Gord.

Looks like I have more than just an "F8" button issue on my hands. This
function somehow activates itself when it feels like it. I have started
looking at mouse driver issues, OS / App patches and hardware updates.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The function is started by pressing the F8 key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:00:02 -0700, joel roberts <joel
wrote:

Et All:
Anyone know how this funtion is started? is it a hot key?

"Bubba Junie" wrote:

Thanks Rob, that did the trick. My first involvement in a discussion group,
and i appreciate your reply. Happy Holidays, cindy

"RWN" wrote:

Try pressing F8.

--
Regards;
Rob
wrote in message
In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click off of it.
When I try to move from the cell, it highlights that cell and any others as I
move the mouse. I've tried "esc" etc., but no luck. Any ideas? I hate to
shut down w/o saving, but...