Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MDW

Default links in Excel

I'm not sure what you mean by not wanting to "reference each cell", but in
terms of preventing that annoying blanks-to-zeroes thing, try this:

=IF('C:\Folder\[linked file.xls]sheet_name'!A2<"",'C:\Folder\[linked
file.xls]sheet_name'!A2,"")
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

"Homer" wrote:

Hi

I want to 'blanket' copy one sheet to another in seperate workbooks creating
links so one updates the other, but I don't want to reference each cell and
also I don't want zeros in where blanks are in the source data sheet.

Thanks