Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams

Default Range Name affecting speed of macro

What is the refersto formula of the name that causes the problem?

If you select it in Name Manager and click the Evaluate button how long does
it take before the answer appears?

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Richard Buttrey" wrote in
message ...
On 28 Apr 2006 05:01:34 -0700, "Pete_UK" wrote:

When you copy a sheet from one workbook to another, any named ranges
which are used by the sheet go with it (still referenced back to the
original workbook). So, in creating your second workbook (you don't
describe how), you may well be taking some of the named ranges from
Book1. If you then copy and paste this into Book 3, your ranges will
also be transfered with it.

I don't know why one particular range should cause the slowdown, but it
might be worth examining how you create Book 2 and think of
alternatives to copy/paste.

Hope this helps.

Pete (from Woolston!)

Hello Neighbour :-)

Thanks for this suggestion Pete.

When I look at the intermediate book2, it is devoid of any range names
- as I expect.

Book 2 is created by a copy and paste from the datasheet in Book1. On
that data sheet neither are there any names local to the sheet.

Neither can I see any hidden names (using the excellent Name Manager
3.2 fromJan Karel Pieterse).

So at the moment I'm still stumped although all the facts point to
there being some sort of a problem with a particular name.

:-(

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK