Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wal50

Default Multiple criteria lookup

I had been doing a pivot table to get the info.
But they changed the requirement to do a cumulative report showing the last
X months.
My plan is to get the data for the each month into its own sheet, then do a
lookup/sumproduct/something that moves the info for each sales guy into the
his record on the cumulative master.
Using a pivot table to do this doesn't seem provide the same flexibility in
the final report - or do I need to know more about the pivot table
functionality? Plus , I thought if I did it through an equation(s), I could
just change the date range every month once I had them copied to the new
month's column and hide the old month columns.
Better ideas are always welcome.
WAL

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Take a look at pivot tables

See http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html
and http://www.peltierteh.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"wal50" wrote in message
Sheet 1 has sales guys' names, Sheet 2 has sales results by month

(Salesman A
has 3 sales $19 in Jan, 4 sales $20 in Feb, etc.)
I want to look up create a report showing the totals units and $ per month
for each guy. So, I want to match the guy's name in sheet 1 to his sales
records in sheet 2 within date ranges, then move the units and $ fields

from
sheet 2 to sheet 1.
I did something similar before with sumproduct a while back but that was a
count. here I want to move fields based on a match.
Thanks for your help.
WAL