Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Hyperlinks & Drop down menu

You could use an adjacent helper cell that contains a formula like:

=if(x1="","",hyperlink(x1))

(where x1 contains the data|validation (is that what you used for the
dropdown?))

Or you could plop a button near the dropdown that does the linking.

I'd put a little button from the Forms toolbar next to the dropdown.

I'd assign this macro to it:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
With ActiveSheet.Range("a1")
If .Value = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=.Value
'or depending on what's in that list
'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="Http://" & .Value
End If
End With
End Sub

grahammal wrote:

I have a list of Hyperlinks in cells A1 to A25.
I have named this cell range as 'proliants'.
I've created a dropdown menu that displays this range but it only
displays them
as normal text and not as a list of Hyperlinks.
Can this be achieved in a dropdown menu, comboBox or anything else?
I want to be able to select a Hyperlink from the menu, and away she
goes.

--
grahammal
grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20336