Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Frederik Vanderhaeghe

Default Making charts from log files

Well, I have never done something like this, but how can you read data from
a log file into excel?

Fré

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
It's probably best to first design a template with some dummy data and
some charts. You will need to import the log files into a workbook based
on this template, knowing what format they are in. The new data should
overwrite the dummy data. Any formulas (or pivot tables) should be
updates, and if designed properly, the charts will update themselves.

This is a much larger task than a newsgroup reply can answer, but the
approach outlined above is what is required. You could get started on
this, and follow up with specific questions as you piece the program
together.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Excel Programming
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Frederik Vanderhaeghe" wrote in message

I'm using Microsoft Sharepoint Services and i would like to get charts
from my site usage. Everyday there are 3 log files made automatically.
How can I get the data out of the log files into excel and then make
charts from it like 'document x has been opended y times by user z'

I would like that the charts are automatically made and shown in my site.

Fré