Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Beginner with Excel He Need Help with Cell Formatting Function

Make sure the cells are formatted as general or numbers, then copy an empty
cell, select all the import and do editpaste special, select add

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"ljh3rdid" wrote in message
I have a large excel file that I exported from Access with intention of
reformatting a field property from text to autonumber and importing it
back
into Access.

I successfully exported and converted the field to a number from a text
property.

Apparently there are still errors unless I manually go back into each
individual cell and click or right click on the error button and select
"convert to number".

My question is: is there a formula or some function that will allow me to
select all the cells in this field at once instead of going into all 5,000
records? This is probably really simple for someone who's an Excel whiz
but
it's driving me crazy...

Thanks in advance!