Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Default Count Problem

Take a look at this site to help you understand sumproduct.

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....T.html#classic

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"HDV" wrote in message

Hi

Can anyone help?

I have a basic logging sheet, which is recording reports in and out of
my department. Column E shows which sub-team they went to ie
Transport, Engineering or Construction. Column G is the date out
column. I have a separate table with an overview per team.

The overview table lists the teams down the left, and then working
across the next column counts the number of reports for each team -
easy enough with a basic =COUNTIF(E5:E250,"Engineering") etc......
However in the next column of my overview I want to count those reports
completed per team by counting if there is a date in column G, but
against the appropriate team. Any ideas? Probably dead simple - but I
can't find how to do it!

Thanks

HDV

--