Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jbear

Default When I add data to my chart it changes my chart type-Help!!!

Thanks.

The chart is "embedded" in my worksheet. The worksheet has months across the
top in one row and net income per share in a row below it for each
corresponding month. The x-axis is pulling data for the month and year eg.
Jan-04...Feb-06. The y-axis is pulling data from a different row for the net
income for each month.

The chart has been ongoing since Jan-04. It is a standard clustered column
w/ a 3-D visual effect. I am trying to enter data for March '06 in data
source, series one. I am updating the series 1 with the new column address
that represents the new month eg. February vs. March. When I enter this data
the whole graph immediately turns to black & white with skinny lines for the
chart instead of the colored 3-D. The chart-type still says it's a clustered
column but it's not. Also, the chart no longer shows my Jan .'06 data
anywhere.

What am I doing wrong??

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Jessica -

No, I cannot help. And I doubt that anyone else can help.

Unless you describe the worksheet data, the original chart type, the new
data you are adding to the chart, and the new chart type.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Jbear" wrote in message
I cannot get my chart to stay the same chart type when I add data for
March.
My co-worker can do it on her computer. I am wondering if one of my
settings
is different from hers. Can you help?
Thanks,
Jessica