Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton

Default Graphing Normal Distribution Functions

John F. -

You could start by using Excel's Histogram tool (part of the Analysis
ToolPak add-in that comes with Excel) that automatically prepares a
frequency distribution and histogram (column chart).

Or, you could use my free Better Histogram add-in, available for download
from www.treeplan.com.

If you also need to show the bell-shaped normal curve with the histogram,
the process is much more complicated, usually involving the NORMDIST
worksheet function and a combination chart (XY(Scatter) and Column chart
types).

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"John F." wrote in message
I have collected a large amount of data (approx 400 data points) and I need
to represent the statistical date graphically, namely the Normal
Distribution. I understand the concept mathematically but I would like
some
direction on how to accomplish this within Excel. (I have to do this in
Excel
due to different groups, engineering and non-engineering, need to view the
data and graphs.