Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris T-M

Default How do I make a compound function?

How do I rate a post? I juust see Helpful: Yes or No

pdberger
Thanks, The only issue that remains is that Excel help does not return a hit
on "NamedRange", but the first approach certainly simplifies my function.

"pdberger" wrote:

Chris --
two approaches to think about. If your cells are the same on each
worksheet, then you can use, "=AVERAGE('Sheet1:Sheet3'!A1). If your cells
are discontinuous, then you might create a named range of all the cells.
Then you can use "=AVERAGE(NamedRange)".

HTH

"Chris T-M" wrote:

I am having a huge issue with having to use simple functions with data coming
from several sheets. Is there such a thing as a "compound function"? For
instance "AVERAGE(C17)" C17=('Sheet1'!A1,'Sheet2'!A1,'Sheet3'!A1). My next
calculation would be STDEV(C17), instead of re-entering all of the other page