Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernie Deitrick

Default How can I play a .WAV file in Excel if a condition is met?

Roy,

Right click the sheet tab, select "View Code", and paste this code into the window that appears.
This assumes that you have a formula like

=IF(C1="Test", "True", "False")

in cell A1 of that sheet.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("A1").Value = "True" Then
PlayMySound ("C:\Windows\Media\Jungle Error.wav")

In a regular codemodule in the same workbook, paste this code:

Declare Function sndPlaySound32 Lib "winmm.dll" Alias _
"sndPlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszSoundName As String, _
ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long

Sub PlayMySound(myFileName As String)
Call sndPlaySound32(myFileName, 0)
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Roy" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me how I can play a .WAV file in Excel if a condition
is met using the IF statement?