John

Default named Ranges question

Hello,

I defined some named ranges in one worshest of my
Excel workbook. One is called "Application" and one is
called "Date". I wrote a formula within a cell of a
different worksheet to count the instances where
Application equals a certain value and Date equals a
certain value. However, my formula is not working
correctly even though it matches the syntax on the
MIcrosoft Excel tutorial site as well as the syntax I
used in another workbook that is working fine. Any
suggestions?
My formula is:
=SUMPRODUCT((Application,C3)*(Date,B5))
The result in the cell is not a number, but #VALUE!

Thanks!
John