Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BKGT

Default Matching a value that appears multiple times

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the suggestions. I was not aware that regression equations
could be extracted to use in formulas. Could you provide info on how
this can be done?

The goal of this spreadsheet is for me to just paste the data that I
receive from the instrument I am using and have excel instantly
calculate all the information that I am looking for without further
effort on my part :) . I have come up with an alternative way to
calculate what I'd like if I can somehow set a range based on the value
in another cell. I have been able to write the formula that picks the
x-value (column A) where the maximum y-value (column B) occurs. If I
could use that information to set the range for the MATCH function, I
could get around the problem I was having with it and just pick the two
values that are above and below the value I was looking for and
interpolate to get the exact number I want (I have done this in my
spreadsheet by manually setting the range based on my calculation for
the x-value where the y-value is max). Is this possible?

--
BKGT
BKGT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33862