Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default When I add data to my chart it changes my chart type-Help!!!

If you are using one of the canned combination chart types that are built
into Excel, and you add series, Excel reapportions the series among the
different types to keep roughly equal numbers of series under each type.
Another reason to make your own combination charts. To do this, make the
chart using the predominant chart type (e.g., Column), then select a series
you want to change, and use Chart Type from the Chart menu to change it.
Repeat to change additional series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
Jessica -

No, I cannot help. And I doubt that anyone else can help.

Unless you describe the worksheet data, the original chart type, the new
data you are adding to the chart, and the new chart type.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Jbear" wrote in message
I cannot get my chart to stay the same chart type when I add data for
March.
My co-worker can do it on her computer. I am wondering if one of my
settings
is different from hers. Can you help?
Thanks,
Jessica