Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Moir

Default Why is Excel Save As feature not working?

I have Office Excel 2003 installed on my XP 2002 SP2 machine. (It's been
installed for probably *at least* 2 years now.)

Some time...I'd say in the last 1-2 months, although I cannot nail down the
time-frame with 100% confidence...the 'Save As' feature (in Excel) stopped
working. So, if I open an existing XLS spreadsheet or an existing
tab-delimited text file within Excel, and do nothing but immediately attempt
to 'Save As', Excel basically becomes useless -- I have to terminate Excel
using Task Manager!

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?
I've made sure to do 'Windows Updates' and also the more specific 'Microsoft
Office' updates....but still 'Save As' renders Excel useless.

I have definitely used this feature successfully up until some time fairly
recently...again, I think in the last 1-2 months.

thanks in advance for your help!
later,
Ben